The Iowa Green Veterans AmeriCorps (IGVA) program, based in the Iowa Department of
Natural Resources, will assist Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity with weatherization
and neighborhood revitalization initiatives assisting low income, elderly and Veterans.
Job duties include:
- Home weatherization and neighborhood revitalization which may include: caulking, weather stripping, replacing windows and doors, installing storm doors, siding repairs, installing insulation, exterior home repair, testing homes for leaks and air infiltration
- Participating in “Rock the Block®” events throughout the year
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled and technical tasks
- Maintain program equipment
- Assist with disaster response
- Design and implement community service projects
- Complete all AmeriCorps
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be available for all interviews and training as required.
- Some overnight travel required.
- Must have the ability to travel
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Able to work alone, with the public, in all conditions, on weekends, holidays, nights, and evenings as required.
- Work with minimal supervision, demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail.
- Follow policy and cooperate with supervisors and co-workers
- Exhibits honesty and integrity.
- Works and communicates with internal and external clients and customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous and cooperative manner.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to climb ladders and work in confined spaces.
- Aligns behavior with needs, priorities, and goals of the organization.
- Capable of lifting loads up to 50 lbs. for short periods of time.
- Must demonstrate teamwork and display high standards of ethical conduct.
- Willingness to learn preventive maintenance for machines and equipment used on the job.
- Capacity to adjust to change.
- Pass federal background check
- Capable of using a variety of hand and/or power tools.
- Ability to produce quality work in a timely manner.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume to Dawn Stohs at firstname.lastname@example.org