I am a strong supporter of sending Thank-You Notes after a job interview. However, not all Thank-You Notes are equal. If you really want to stand out, the thank-you also has to be professional, and add to the image you left at the interview. Nancy Collamer suggests 10 additional moves you might make to get you hired, including:
- Reference an article of interest.
- Include supporting documentation that illustrates your ability to do the job.
- Provide a follow-up response to one of the key interview questions.
- Follow instructions.
- Don’t be a stalker.
- Immediately begin prepping for the next round of interviews.
- Call in a favor.
- Keep hope – while you keep looking.
- Accept rejection in a professional manner.
- Stay in touch.
For more details on each of these tips, read the full article.