Job.com provides not only a job search site, but you can subscribe to it and receive job notifications, the top industries that are hiring, job seeker tips, and much more. A recent Tip of the Week is just too good to read and delete, so I’m sharing it today with you, giving all credit, or course, to Job.com and its Tip of the Week posts. If you find this useful, sign up for more at Job.com.
*****Aside from the pumpkin spice latte you’ll need to fuel your day with, there are five key items you have to have in your job search arsenal. Not a fan of pumpkin spice? That’s okay, this article pertains to you as well. In fact, these tried and true tools are effective in every season, for all job seekers.
1. Professional Resume – There’s just no getting around this one. You have to not only have a resume, but one designed to make you stand out among other candidates. If you’re not sure your resume highlights how awesome you are, get a complimentary resume critique. By doing so, you will walk away with some tips for making your resume shine.
2. Mobile Optimized Resume – There are plenty of resume builder tools that can help you craft a beautifully structured resume that’s easy to read…on a desktop. These days you need a resume that a hiring manager can scan on many devices. Check out the templates at Online Resume Builders that let you create a mobile-friendly resume that you can send to as many employers you’d like.
3. Resume Distribution Strategy – If you’re using your resume to apply to jobs from Job.com and similar sites that’s a great start. However, your strategy should also include getting your resume in to the hands of third-party recruiters. You may not know this, but there’s a whole hidden job market out there. Want to be considered for unadvertised jobs you’re qualified for? Try out our resume distribution service.
4. Job Alerts – Job alerts are hands down the easiest way to stay current on new listings that match your search. Every major job site offers job alerts but the biggest mistake a job seeker can make is to only sign up for one. Each job board uses their own, unique algorithm to identify matching jobs. Don’t miss out on a single job opportunity. Sign up for job alerts now.
5. Job Search Organizer – With all that caffeine-induced job applying going on, you’re going to need help staying organized. That’s where our job site partner Startwire comes in. Startwire is a complimentary tool that helps you stay focused, find jobs, network, and most importantly get automatic updates on your applications from 12,000+ employers. It’s easy to sign up and easy to use. Just add your applications, and get started!*****